Pharmacogenetics/genomics Section Home Governance How to Join Meetings and Events Reports
Statutes of the IUPHAR Section on Pharmacogenetics/-genomics
The name of the section is the Pharmacogenetics and Pharmacogenomics Section of the International Union of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (IUPHAR-Pharmacogenetics/-genomics). It is constituted under Section V2 of the statutes of IUPHAR as revised 2006, and it is closely affiliated with IUPHAR Clinical Division
- Promote the exchange of pharmacogenetics/-genomics knowledge by organization of symposia and workshops
- Promote the clinical implementation of pharmacogenetics/-genomics
- Promote high scientific and ethical standards in pharmacogenetics/-genomics research worldwide
- Cooperate with, and contribute information to pharmacogenetics/-genomics databases
- Encourage collaboration with other agencies, societies and organizations interested in research and clinical implementation of pharmacogenetics/-genomics.
The membership of the IUPHAR-Pharmacogenetics/-genomics Section will comprise individuals working in the field of pharmacogenetics/-genomics, who are members of a national, regional or international society of pharmacology, clinical pharmacology or related discipline that is a member of IUPHAR. Organizations dedicated to research and clinial implementation of pharmacogenetics/-genomics may also seek affiliation. Applications for affiliation are to be sent to the Section Chair, Prof. Guilherme Suarez-Kurtz (email@example.com), who shall submit such applications to the current members for their consideration and approval.